26 NCAC 04 .0202 CONTENT AND FILING PROCEDURES
(a) Forms for filing political discrimination complaints may be obtained from the Civil Rights Division, 6714 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-6714 or 919-431-3036. Any person wishing to file a complaint of alleged political discrimination shall address the complaint to:
Director of Civil Rights Division
Office of Administrative Hearings
6714 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-6714
(b) The complainant may file a political discrimination complaint and related documents by facsimile (fax) transmission during regular office hours. The faxed complaints and documents shall be deemed a "filing" within the meaning of 26 NCAC 04 .0201(3) provided the original complaint or documents are received by the Civil Rights Division within five business days following the faxed transmission.
(c) The complaint shall include the following information:
(1) Full name, address and telephone number (work and home) of person making the complaint;
(2) Full name, address and telephone number of the agency against whom the complaint is made (the respondent);
(3) The basis of the complaint (hiring or promotion);
(4) The date the alleged discrimination occurred;
(5) The name(s) of the individual(s) hired or promoted;
(6) A statement disclosing the particulars of the employment decision;
(7) The signature of the person making the complaint; and
(8) The date the complainant signed the complaint.
History Note: Authority G.S. 7A-751; 126-14.4;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 1998;
Eff. August 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2008; December 1, 1999; August 1, 1998.