27 NCAC 01B .0104 State Bar Council: Powers and Duties in Discipline and Disability Matters
The Council of the North Carolina State Bar will have the power and duty:
(1) to supervise and conduct disciplinary proceedings in accordance with the provisions hereinafter set forth;
(2) to appoint members of the commission as provided by statute;
(3) to appoint a counsel. The counsel will serve at the pleasure of the council. The counsel will be a member of the North Carolina State Bar but will not be permitted to engage in the private practice of law;
(4) to order the transfer of a member to disability inactive status when such member has been judicially declared incompetent or has been involuntarily committed to institutional care because of incompetence or disability;
(5) to accept or reject the surrender of the license to practice law of any member of the North Carolina State Bar;
(6) to order the disbarment of any member whose resignation is accepted;
(7) to review the report of any hearing panel upon a petition for reinstatement of a disbarred attorney and to make final determination as to whether the license will be restored.
History Note: Authority G.S. 84-23;
Readopted Eff. December 8, 1994;
Amended Eff. October 8, 2009; September 7, 1995.