27 NCAC 01D .0205 Chairperson of the Authorized Practice Committee - Powers and Duties
(a) The chairperson of the Authorized Practice Committee shall have the power and duty:
(1) to supervise the activities of the counsel;
(2) to recommend to the Authorized Practice Committee that an investigation be initiated;
(3) to recommend to the Authorized Practice Committee that a complaint be dismissed;
(4) to direct a letter of notice to an accused person or corporation or direct the counsel to issue letters of notice in such cases or under such circumstances as the chairperson deems appropriate;
(5) to notify the accused and any complainant that a complaint has been dismissed;
(6) to call meetings of the Authorized Practice Committee for the purpose of holding preliminary hearings;
(7) to issue subpoenas in the name of the North Carolina State Bar or direct the secretary to issue such subpoenas;
(8) to administer oaths or affirmations to witnesses;
(9) to file and verify complaints and petitions in the name of the North Carolina State Bar.
(b) The president, vice-chairperson or senior council member of Authorized Practice Committee shall perform the functions of the chairperson of the committee in any matter when the chairperson or vice-chairperson is absent or disqualified.
History Note: Authority G.S. 84-37;
Readopted Eff. December 8, 1994;
Amended Eff. February 3, 2000.