Section .0300 - Disaster Response Plan
27 NCAC 01D .0301 The Disaster Response Team
(a) The disaster response team should be composed of the following:
(1) the president of the State Bar, or if the president is unavailable, another officer of the State Bar;
(2) the counsel or his or her designee;
(3) the director of communications or his or her designee;
(4) the president of the Young Lawyers Division of the North Carolina Bar Association ("YLD") or his or her designee;
(5) the chairperson of the Client Assistance Committee; and
(6) other persons, such as the applicable local bar president(s), appointed by the president as necessary or appropriate for response in each individual situation.
(b) Implementation of the disaster response plan shall be the decision of the president or, if he or she is unavailable, the president-elect, vice-president, or immediate past-president.
(c) The counsel, or his or her designee, shall be the coordinator of the disaster response team ("coordinator"). If the president or other officer is unavailable to decide whether to implement the disaster response plan for a particular event, then and only then shall the coordinator be authorized to make the decision to implement the disaster response plan.
(d) It shall be the responsibility of the coordinator to conduct periodic educational programs regarding the disaster response plan and to report regularly to the Client Assistance Committee.
History Note: Authority G.S. 84-23;
Readopted Eff. December 8, 1994;
Amended Eff. February 3, 2000.