27 NCAC 01D .1007 THE PANEL
(a) Assignment of Matter to Panel - A matter referred by the board for hearing and determination shall be assigned to a panel for hearing.
(b) Members of the Panel - A hearing panel shall consist of three members of the committee.
(c) Designation of Members - The members of a hearing panel shall be designated by the chairperson of the committee.
(d) Designation of Presiding Member - The chairperson of the committee shall designate one of the three members of a panel to serve as the presiding member.
(e) Duties of Presiding Member - The presiding member shall:
(1) timely schedule the hearing;
(2) assure that proper and timely notice of hearing is given to the member and the board;
(3) preside at the hearing and rule on any question of procedure that may arise;
(4) preside at the deliberations of the panel;
(5) sign the written determinations and recommendations of the panel;
(6) report the panel's determinations and recommendations to the committee.
History Note: Authority G.S. 84‑23; Order of the NC Supreme Court, dated October 7, 1987, 318 N.C. 711;
Readopted Eff. December 8, 1994.