27 NCAC 01D .1417 APPLICATIONS FOR REIMBURSEMENT
(a) The board shall prepare a form of application for reimbursement which shall require the following minimum information, and such other information as the board may from time to time specify:
(1) the name and address of the applicant;
(2) the name and address of the attorney who is alleged to have engaged in dishonest conduct;
(3) the amount of the alleged loss for which application is made;
(4) the date on or period of time during which the alleged loss occurred;
(5) a general statement of facts relative to the application;
(6) a description of any relationship between the applicant and the attorney of the kinds described in Rule .1401(b)(8)(A) and (C) of this Section;
(7) verification by the applicant;
(8) all supporting documents, including:
(A) copies of any court proceedings against the attorney;
(B) copies of all documents showing any reimbursement or receipt of funds in payment of any portion of the loss.
(b) The application shall contain the following statement in boldface type:
"IN ESTABLISHING THE CLIENT SECURITY FUND PURSUANT TO ORDER OF THE SUPREME COURT OF NORTH CAROLINA, THE NORTH CAROLINA STATE BAR DID NOT CREATE OR ACKNOWLEDGE ANY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTS OF INDIVIDUAL ATTORNEYS IN THE PRACTICE OF LAW. ALL REIMBURSEMENTS OF LOSSES FROM THE CLIENT SECURITY FUND SHALL BE A MATTER OF GRACE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE BOARD ADMINISTERING THE FUND AND NOT A MATTER OF RIGHT. NO APPLICANT OR MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC SHALL HAVE ANY RIGHT IN THE CLIENT SECURITY FUND AS A THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY OR OTHERWISE."
(c) The application shall be filed in the office of the State Bar in Raleigh, North Carolina, attention Client Security Fund Board, and a copy shall be transmitted by such office to the chairperson of the board.
History Note: Authority Orders of the NC Supreme Court, August 29, 1984, October 10, 1984;
Readopted Eff. December 8, 1994.