27 NCAC 01D .1603 ACCREDITED SPONSORS
In order to receive designation as an "accredited sponsor" of courses, programs or other continuing legal education activities under Rule .1520(a) of this Subchapter, the application of the sponsor must meet the following requirements:
(1) The application for accredited sponsor status shall be submitted on a form furnished by the board.
(2) The application shall contain all information requested on the form.
(3) The application shall be accompanied by course outlines or brochures that describe the content, identify the instructors, list the time devoted to each topic, show each date and location at which three programs have been sponsored in each of the last three consecutive years, and enclose the actual course materials.
(4) The application shall include a detailed calculation of the total CLE hours specified in each of the programs sponsored by the organization.
(5) The application shall reflect that the previous programs offered by the organization in continuing legal education have been of consistently high quality and would otherwise meet the standards set forth in Rule .1519 of this Subchapter.
(6) Notwithstanding the provisions of Items (3), (4) and (5) of this Rule, any law school which has been approved by the North Carolina State Bar for purposes of qualifying its graduates for the North Carolina bar examination, may become an accredited sponsor upon application to the board.
History Note: Authority Order of the NC Supreme Court, October 7, 1987, 318 N.C. 711;
Readopted Eff. December 8, 1994.