30 NCAC 10D .0102 COMPLAINT rEQUIREMENTS
(a) Complaints shall be initiated in one of the following ways:
(1) a written complaint. A form is available on the Commission's website at www.ethicscommission.nc.gov or by contacting the Commission at (919) 715-2071. The form is not mandatory for a complaint to be valid and considered;
(2) an oral complaint. Oral complaints shall be confirmed in writing by Commission staff;
(3) a complaint based upon information through general notice. Commission staff or a member of the Commission may take general notice of available information, even if not formally provided to the Commission in the form of a complaint; or
(4) referrals from a local, state or federal agency.
(b) Complaints shall include the following information:
(1) the name and other contact information for the complainant;
(2) the name of the lobbyist, lobbyist principal, or other individual(s) subject to the Lobbying Law (respondent) against whom the complaint is filed; and
(3) the allegations and the basis upon which the complainant believes the allegations to be true, including specific facts about a potential violation as set forth in G.S. 120C.
History Note: Authority G.S. 120C-101(a); 120C-601;
Eff. June 1, 2014.